Temporary Finance and Administrative Assistant I
VillageReach is an NGO that develops solutions to critical health system challenges in low-resource environments, with an emphasis on strengthening the “last mile” of healthcare delivery. VillageReach combines expertise across public health, technology, and business to bring life-saving innovation – new systems, programs and technologies – to scale and sustainability in the world’s most underserved communities. VillageReach is headquartered in Seattle, WA with offices located in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi and Mozambique.DESCRIPTION
This position is a temporary, likely 3-4 month position to cover for an employee on parental leave. This person keeps the office running and handles important as well as urgent requests from both our Finance and Operations team as well as the staff at large. This position is fast-paced, dynamic and integral to the smooth operation of our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Answer, screen and transfer a low volume of inbound calls; greet visitors
- Check email@example.com email, phone messages, and respond to informational requests
- Schedule staff meetings, lunch n’ learn sessions for staff, and other meetings
- Provide administrative assistance for quarterly board meetings including uploading meeting materials to the board website portal
- Make frequent travel arrangements involving complex international itineraries
- Act as a liaison for the coordination of flight travel, hotels and accommodation with travel agent and employee
- Assist in visa applications needed for employees traveling
- Process all purchasing for VillageReach, obtain approvals
- Maintain organizational files and documentation
- Maintain inventory of, and order office and break room supplies and equipment
- Maintain office orderliness in common areas
- Assist with other administrative and light HR administrative work as assigned
- Technology Support
- Assign and maintain usernames and passwords for VillageReach fileserver, Exchange email, software applications and cloud-based systems
- Triage non-routine or complex IT problems to be referred to the IT consultant
- Interpersonal Skills: Conduct oneself with sensitivity, awareness and respect when working with diverse groups of people, including VillageReach staff, beneficiaries, donors and partners.
- Dependability: Act at all times as a reliable and effective team player, volunteering to help without being asked.
- Initiative and Results: Proactively enhance the quality of programs, outputs, workplace environment and relationships.
- Representation: Represent VillageReach and its programs by demonstrating a personal commitment to the mission and values of VillageReach and a sound knowledge of the organization, its principles and its programs
- Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship: Demonstrate leadership by being a positive example to others, a positive force programmatically and organizationally; foster a culture of innovation.
- Commitment to Learning and Growth: Demonstrate commitment to develop, acquire, document and apply best practices in related fields, and apply solutions to obstacles to organizational effectiveness.
- Consistency: Demonstrate consistent and productive attendance and work record.
- Compliance: Follow VillageReach policies and procedures.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in an office environment, with a preference for someone with entry level HR experience or knowledge.
- Strong computer skills including mastery of Microsoft Office Suite; an aptitude for and fearlessness in the face of learning new computer applications
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and verbally
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrated success working in a face paced, tech savvy environment
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus
- US citizenship or valid US residency/ work permit required
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Position will require sitting and computer work for the majority of the workday. There will be instances, particularly to do with meeting set up and tear down when employee will need to lift and move up to 25 pounds.APPLICATION INFORMATION:
This position will begin at some point in August depending on candidate availability. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until July 31, 2017. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.